Introducing Ancient India's
Planetary Myths and Their Meanings
What human truths are encoded in
Ancient Indian planetary myths?
A mind-blowing 4-week online course with Dr. Raj Balkaran.
Join Dr. Raj Balkaran as he decodes the rich life wisdom encoded in ancient Indian astrological mythology.
According to the ancients, every aspect of the human condition pertains to one of nine hubs of archetypal energy known as the Grahas (loosely "Planets").
This band of nine heavenly bodies is made up of...
- The five visible natural planets: Mercury, Mars, Venus, Jupiter, and Saturn
- The two luminaries of the sky: the Sun and the Moon
- The two invisible “shadow planets,” i.e., astronomical points where the Moon’s orbit intersects the Earth’s: Rāhu and Ketu
The rich mythology surrounding these heavenly bodies provides profound insight into both human nature and the human condition.
***This course counts as 12 hours of Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Credit***
Celestial Stories Illumine Human Stories.
In this course you will learn
- The mindset of the ancient Indian sky-gazers
- The basic mechanics of Indian astronomy/astrology (Jyotiṣa)
- Planetary mythologies and their profound meanings
- Planetary iconographies and their rich symbolisms
- Each Planet's core significations
- Each Planet's archetypal energy
- Insight into human nature and the human condition
- Tools for making sense of your own life and current events through the lens of Indian astro-mythology
Dr. Raj Balkaran is an expert in Indian traditions. Skilled at applying ancient Indian teachings to modern life, he dovetails academic training, live storytelling, and life wisdom to nourish his students’ hearts and minds alike.
He is also an avid spiritual practitioner and initiate into ancient Indian wisdom practices, which he has been engaged in for nearly two decades. Knowledge of ancient Indian astrology is something he has received as part of his lineal training.
He has extensive experience teaching academics, continuing studies learners, and practitioners alike, and is a seasoned online educator who serves on the Course Development Board at the Oxford Centre for Hindu Studies.
See https://rajbalkaran.com for more information.