Tapping the Power of Sanskrit Mantras
A Practitioners's Guide
What are Sanskrit mantras?
What do they mean? How are they used?
What benefits do they yield?
Indian Wisdom Traditions have much to say about the sacred power of sound, the subtlest of elements.
Mantras – sacred Sanskrit utterances – are conduits of divine experience and potent tools for personal transformation.
This 4-week online course is for practitioners who want to leverage the power of sacred Sanskrit sound for their own spiritual development.
This course is taught by Dr. Raj Balkaran, a mantra adept who has literally spent thousands of hours in mantric practice over the past 18 years.
You will receive audio files and PDF’s for all mantras covered, along with course videos.
***This course counts as 12 hours of Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Credit***
- What Sanskrit mantras are and how they work
- The relationship between mantra, Indian philosophy, and Indian esotericism
- How to use Sanskrit mantras, key elements of proper practice
- The Sanskrit sound system, proper pronunciation and intonation
- Dozens of specific Sanskrit mantras including seed sounds (bīja mantras), Vedic, Purāṇic, and Tantric mantras
- Mantra translations and their significance
- Excerpts from the Guru Gītā, the Bhagavad Gītā, and the Devī Māhāmtya
- Energies and significations of various deities and planets
- The benefits of Sanskrit mantra practice
Mechanics of Mantra
Mantras of the Planets
Mantras of the Gods
Dr. Raj Balkaran is an expert in Indian traditions. Skilled at applying ancient Indian teachings to modern life, he dovetails academic training, live storytelling, and life wisdom to nourish his students’ hearts and minds alike.
He is also an avid spiritual practitioner and initiate into ancient Indian wisdom practices, which he has been engaged in for nearly two decades. He has literally done thousands of hours of mantra practice.
He has extensive experience teaching academics, continuing studies learners, and practitioners alike, and is a seasoned online educator who serves on the Course Development Board at the Oxford Centre for Hindu Studies.
See https://rajbalkaran.com for more information.
Questions about this course?
Contact him directly at [email protected]