Yogic Wisdom from Ancient India
What wisdom can we learn from the Sages of Ancient India?
Stories of the ancient Indian Sages are rich with yogic wisdom.
This is why so many yoga poses are named after them.
From Sage Bharadvāja’s quest for complete knowledge to Viśvāmitra’s feud with Sage Vasiṣṭha over his wish-fulfilling cow, these riveting stories have much to teach about the yogic quest.
This course integrates academic content, captivating storytelling, and esoteric exposition to bring to life the wisdom found in the stories of the sages. We will also examine specific yoga postures connected with the sages.
This 4-week online course is taught by renowned online teacher Dr. Raj Balkaran.
It draws from his new book The Stories Behind the Poses.
***This course counts as 12 hours of Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Credit***
• Sage Marīci: The Legacy of Light (Sage Marīci Pose)
• Sage Kaśyapa: Father of Creatures (Sage Kaśyapa Pose)
• Mārkaṇḍeya’s Meditation (Noose Pose)
• Surviving Divine Dissolution (Tree Pose)
Sacred Power vs. Secular Power
• Sage Vasiṣṭha: Best of Sages (Sage Vasiṣṭha Pose)
• Sage Viśvāmitra: The Royal Sage – Part I (Sage Viśvāmitra Pose)
• Sage Viśvāmitra: The Royal Sage – Part II (Yogic Staff Pose)
• Sage Gālava: White Horses with Black Ears (Sage Gālava Pose)
• Sage Aṣṭāvakra: A Tale of Pride and Prejudice (Sage Aṣṭāvakra Pose)
• Sage Durvāsas: The Curse-Throwing Sage (Sage Durvāsas Pose)
The Power of Reversals
• Sage Ṛcīka: The Inversion of Sage and King (Sage Ṛcīka Pose)
• Sage Matsyendra: Reversal of Fate (Sage Matsyendra Pose)
• Sage Bharadvāja: The Quest for Complete Knowledge (Sage Bharadvāja Pose)
Sage stories and their profound meanings
Sage significations and archetypal energy
Insight into key yoga postures related to stories of the sages
Insight into human nature and spiritual evolution
- Live storytelling
- Academic content
- Wisdom teachings
The Power of Reversals
Dr. Raj Balkaran is an expert in Indian traditions. Skilled at applying ancient Indian teachings to modern life, he dovetails academic training, live storytelling, and life wisdom to nourish his students’ hearts and minds alike.
He is also an avid spiritual practitioner and initiate into ancient Indian wisdom practices, which he has been engaged in for nearly two decades. He has literally done thousands of hours of mantra practice.
He has extensive experience teaching academics, continuing studies learners, and practitioners alike, and is a seasoned online educator.
See https://rajbalkaran.com for more information.
Questions about this course?
Contact him directly at [email protected]